Originally Posted By abacus
A good player will get the best out of their instrument no matter what it is; however there is no reason for a keyboard player to emulate the same as a Sax player etc. as its palette is much greater, (Unless all you want to do is recreate a specific instrument) so you can create your own sound and be individual, (Rather than sounding the same as every other Tom, Dick & Harry out there) so make your own sound (That’s what professional keyboard players do) and become unique rather than trying to make your keyboard sound like something it isn’t. (In the old days you could recognise a player by his style (No matter what keyboard he was playing) but these days with arrangers those that know a small amount about arrangers just say oh that’s a Yamaha or that’s a Korg, with the player being an irrelevance)

Bill

Hi Abacus
Ths is the post where you started this thread "Why do arranger players suck to pros?
Why on earth should you want or need to be writing from the view of a pro when you admit you are not one?
Why would you insult and talk so condescendingly to arranger players?
Remember, you are not calling the arranger now but the players themselves
Why should you spout about how we need to sound as though you are some world class expert.
Unlike you, I am not simply a home player and I have entertained in pubs and clubs for many years. My first 2 jobs were playing regular weekends on piano although I wouldn't claim to be a pianist but I was asked to do it.
I then moved to organs and have played for many years on those.
Since I parted from my last organ job, I let my organ go and bought an arranger keyboard which was meant for home playing but was asked to take it to a pub and finished up taking it to quite a few pubs after that.
Upon retiring, I started playing free of charge at the nursing home my Mum was in and more or less turned the place into a social club.
After all those years entertaining, why should I be insulted and belittled by you or anyone else by telling me that pro's look down on me because I play an arranger and use auto accompaniment?
What has it to do with you or your so called "pro" friends, what I play or how I play it and I speak now for every arranger player.
Why do you have such big ego's and why delight in going onto an arranger forum to insult the members who are really nice guys and who are just sharing the love of music.
Why not stop being such narcissists and stop trolling, because that's what you are doing.
I can probably give you advice but I won't because I am just a musician and an entertainer and I don't have a big ego.

Edited by Anthony Johnson (04/19/22 03:35 PM)