Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Kabinopus, I was a skinny, youngster when I was 17, the cold war was a bit scary, especially when we were cruising the north Atlantic, and we were always on Full Alert, especially when we encountered an unknown ship or aircraft within striking range. It was pretty scary! I was communicating with HAM radio operators in Russia way back in 1952, when I was just 12 years old, and now, with the aid of the internet, I can see and listen your wonderful arrangements. How times have changed. I also have a few Russian/American friends that I met while sailing Chesapeake Bay over the past two decades.

All the best,

Gary cool

One may say that this experience gave you courage to sail later by yourself, although that would be a little simplistic assumption :-)

The fact that you tried to communicate with people from other side of the world shows your desire to explore what was out there when you were a kid.

Picturing the events you described I wanted to play some dark and alarmed music, but that wasn’t agreeing with me, so I ended up composing it closer to my usual style, using suitcase piano (Rhodes) which has been my favorite voice for a while now, and my usual slow strings: