I performed at a local political rally, last night, at the local American Legion, with around 150 guests in attendance. This was a first for me, so didn't know what to expect. I was supposed to share the stage with the honoree, but I was told upon arrival that the stage was to be filled with speakers(human). The staff apologized and offered me a spot in the corner of the room. This happens, and is fine except I had a full rig and 6' area.

This got me to rethinking gear in these high tech times. Had I known ahead of time, I would have brought my SD40, controller, and Bose L1., instead of the Pa4X, with all the attending gear. In fact, I could have left the keyboard home, using my DM40 wind controller, harmonicas, and vocals with just the SD40 module. The crowd liked the music fine, but all eyes were not on me, to be sure. When a crowd is busy talking, etc, I sometimes feel that the musicians, as we know them, are losing to backing tracks and DJ's.