Mike, the very two reasons you gave to contest the assumption is the very two reasons why the KN7000 is the very best keyboard you can OWN. Whoever thinks that recording direct to a CD is some kind of an asset is the person who never makes an error, considers himself perfect and carries a tremendous weight on his shoulders. His ego! I have two ways to record to CD. My computer and my marantz CD recorder. A much cheaper and more versatile way to go. I can nestle it under my arm pit and sashay over to anyone of my friends places and make a CD of any keyboard they may have. Also does duplicates easier than making pancakes. Can be upgraded from CDROM? Rather have my KN7000 that has never needed an upgrade. Don’t know how the Wersi stores and recalls things but I’ll take the SD card system over any of the old fashion ways of the past. Made to last? Man, I still have the very first one I bought and it still works the same as the day I bought it. Not be replaced every year by another model? What manufacture replaces them every year? When you say the Wersi can be upgraded by CDROM how do they upgrade the amp and speaker system by CDROM? How do they upgrade the old hard drive and the floppy disk system with the CDROM? How do they improve the panel layout of the board, the button placement, add features, improve the screen etc. with the CDROM? Lets face it, I can buy three or four boards for the cost of one Wersi and be on the leading edge of technology at all times. Of course all minds work and reason in different ways. Me and my mind have gotten to know each other pretty well over the last seventy some years. At times we, me and my mind, disagree, and that becomes stressful to the point of me not liking what I think. When push comes to shove, me usually tells my mind where it can go and me gets what me wants. However, as far as the KN7000 is the best keyboard you can own, me and my mind are in total agreement. Ruthie has over the years realized that it is best not to intrude into the discussion of me and my mind. She does the cooking and I furnish the entertainment. Other than that, we like to hang out together.

Grandpa Doug