Hi,
actually Technics keyboards are kind of unique. Yamaha, Korg, Roland all have a large variety of proffessional musical instruments including synths, workstations , recording equipment etc etc whereas Technics ( as such )is limited to piano's & keyboards.
Most people would probably associate Panasonic more with Tv's , video recorders, stereo's etc etc etc.

Noticed something interesting on the main synthzone forum yesterday. Yamaha is bringing out a new keyboard ( PSR 3000) It's niche is somewhere in between the PSR 2100 (Yamaha's kn26 equivalent)and the Tyros ( Yamaha's kn7 equivalent). ie it's going to have 128 note polyphony compared to the cheaper psr2100's 64 note, plus a number of other goodies, but it's not going to have the Tyros's hefty price tag.
What I'm getting at is maybe we're going get a new generation of keyboards. Something in between the kn26 and the kn7. Maybe some of the top end arrangers were getting too expensive and there was too bigger gap between it and the next model down( not only in price , but in features.

Time will tell.

I must admit I'd be loathe to trade my kn7 for a less expensive kn unless it still had all the features and quality of the kn7.

In some ways I was dreading when D Day arrived, and the newest flagship of the range was unveiled, and then seeing our happy little kn7 group split up because some of us would upgrade and some wouldn't.
Strange how times have changed for me since discovering Synthzone, when I look back, and remember how eagerly I used to look forward to each new generation of kn keyboard.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Graham UK:
[B]I have no knowledge that the above stated rumours are true but.....

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022