Rikki...thanks for coming to my rescue on this. I'm glad you wrote this whole explanation out. Because I can see what I might be up against. And...I CAN'T see "what I might be up against!" To be honest, I didn't understand a lot of what you wrote. I'm more of a "player" than a keyboard connoisseur. But I really have to admire the amount of work you must have put in learning all this stuff.

I just plain don't have the time to do all that myself. Heck, I don't really even have the time to do these posts I've been doing lately.

But back to keyboards. It wouldn't be just changing a snare drum or a cymbal to make the style sound right. I'm embarrassed to say, I haven't even learned the Korg operating system yet. Further...I haven't even upgraded it to the latest version. It's been sitting there brand new and "untouched by human hands." So you can see I'd have to learn the whole OS before I even start editing things. Just don't have that kind of time.

I need to do something about getting an arranger that suits my playing. I've been getting by playing piano and accordion but I'm missing out on jobs where I need a full sound. Not to mention I've been playing arrangers since my first Casio back around 1980.

Can you (or anyone) advise me the best way to move forward with this?

The only thing I can say to help is...I just plain loved that PA3x Musikant. If I can end up with one of those (or a replica) in my hands I'd be one happy camper. Instrument sounds have come a long way....authentic sounding in most of today's keyboards. Just not happy with the styles they pass off with no imagination. Example: 4 variations on each style BUT the style doesn't change, it only adds or subtracts an instrument. The audience would never even hear the difference. The old Roland styles were so versatile and well-thought out. When Roland said four "variations" in the style, that's what you got: four distinct variations in each patch and dynamite notable "fills" and "endings."

So, any ideas on what to do 'cause I'm out of them? Money is not an issue, but I'm guessing I'm NOT going to end up with a
keyboard here in the States that sounds like the Musikant when the dust settles. Or can I? Of course, I'd rather be playing a modern-day instrument rather than go back to my 1990 Roland Pro-E.