PA600 Dark - 02/29/20 12:15 PM

is this available somewhere?....or?
Posted by: wrinkles303

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 02/29/20 02:38 PM

arya productions out of mumbai

programming a little too deep for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve0fjreqzaA

there is a warning on the korg pa forum about doing
this as it may make the korg pa unusable since you are messing with the os. he also shows how to program the pa 300/ 900. i think there is a guy that shows how to change the whole screen and there is a warning about that too.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 02/29/20 02:45 PM

Thanx for tne info... But its kind of kool if you had a choice of display color themes onboard.

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 02/29/20 03:00 PM

You can in my pa600 but it's limited

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 02/29/20 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By wrinkles303
You can in my pa600 but it's limited

confused1

Please explain more
to what degree?
Posted by: Mark79100

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 02/29/20 03:24 PM

The only reason I bought a Korg PA3x at the time....well...two reasons. I liked the keyboard feel and I liked Jürgen Sartorius and everything he played. Reason #2: Jürgen and I emailed a bit and he said he would send me the Musikant styles. He meant well, but after the purchase, I'm probably the last to find out...they won't work on the USA machine.

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 02/29/20 03:44 PM

Page 221 global mode , you have a choice of background colors.

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 02/29/20 03:56 PM

Musikant styles worked in all my korg arrangers.. confused1

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 02/29/20 03:58 PM

Page 221 global mode , you have a choice of background colors.

Been a few months since I was a korgie but now I remember..
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 02/29/20 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
Musikant styles worked in allmy korg arrangers.. confused1

On my Pa900 also ...
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 02/29/20 06:00 PM

Hi Mark,
I think they should work, some may need revoicing because some of the musikant voices may not available on the normal version keyboards.

I had the Pa4x version of musikant styles for my Pa4x, and I’m reasonably sure they worked ok.
If I remember correctly, some even sounded better on the Pa4x, than equivalent pa3x styles.

Can’t remember if I had them for pa3x or for the pa800 prior to that.
Posted by: MusicalMemories

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 03/01/20 04:43 AM

I use the musikant styles and regular styles from the Pa4x in my Pa4x, I’ve also added the styles from the Pa4x and Pa1000 not available in the Pa700. Some need a little tweaking but generally work fine.

Re: KORG PA600 (DARK MODE) ? - 03/01/20 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By MusicalMemories
I use the musikant styles and regular styles from the Pa4x in my Pa4x, I’ve also added the styles from the Pa4x and Pa1000 not available in the Pa700. Some need a little tweaking but generally work fine.

I agree never had a problem with Musikant,
or most third party styles on any of my KORG Units
& I have hundreds in my files.

Re: KORG PA600 (Dark Mode ) ? - 03/01/20 05:49 AM

Re: KORG PA600 (Dark Mode ) ? - 03/01/20 02:18 PM

So I'm really confused now. When I was a PA3x addict, I inquired/collected all PA3x info and I was told....I think...Musikant styles WON'T work on the 3x (don't know about the 4x).

This is important to me because I really dislike those 3x styles to the point I'm thinking of selling it and buying any Roland, where I think you guys said Roland's will accept these styles I have from 20 years ago.

Before I bought the 3x I watched all the 3x videos that Jurgen did. I remember how impressed I was with his playing and the Musikant styles...much different than the American version.

I believe I have the 3x Musikant styles somewhere.

You can't reach Korg Customer Service anymore.

Does anyone know for sure...will it take the styles without a lot of "readjustment" (where if I don't do the mapping right it might ruin the style?).
Posted by: TedS

Re: KORG PA600 (Dark Mode ) ? - 03/01/20 04:44 PM

I don't believe Korg has changed its style format since they introduced "Guitar Mode" rhythm tracks, and that was way back around 2007! So any style should play in any Korg from the Pa800 on up.

Obviously the bank/voice selection may have to be adjusted.

Re: KORG PA600 (Dark Mode ) ? - 03/01/20 05:03 PM

In reality how many styles do you really need?

Re: KORG PA600 (Dark Mode ) ? - 03/01/20 08:24 PM

Hi Mark,
Pa3x version should load.

Just try the ones you have, if they sound awful , then they may be playing an incorrect type of instrument.

If one of the tracks is playing, but there is no sound, then it doesn’t exist in your pa3x you need to replace it with one that does exist.

A pa3x musikant data list should be available for download it should give you the program and bank changes for missing instruments ( if there are any).

Really depends on how much you want the styles ie enough to try and fix the ones that may not work.

Just having the Musikant styles, won’t turn it into a Musikant, but it’s still worth trying them out first, with a bit of luck the ones you want to use , may just happen to work.

If you likeI’ll check my old files and see if anyone ever sent me the PA 3X version.

I literally had 100’s of factory styles for the korgs, I doubt I would have ever had use for even 5% of them.

I had a guy over on Korg forums, brand new to arrangers. His store sold him a Musikant PA4x, and basically told him it was the same thing as the regular one.
They only had the musikant in stock. At least they did give him the option of returning it , if he decided he wanted the regular one.
He wasn’t into the European type of styles.
He sent me the styles, the style banks I don’t beleive matched up, it had more of some styles ( European) but it was missing others that were of interest to him. Anyway, he ended up returning it and getting the normal version which suited him better.

P.s.

Before doing anything, check around with Roland owners, if the old styles you’re mentioning still sound good on the new Rolands.

Reason I mention it, when I did the database for the SX900, I ended up leaving the really early styles out, they just sounded awful. They probably could have been fixed, but they just didn’t sound right.

Have you ever checked out any of the Soundwonderland stuff for Yamaha.

https://soundwonderland.de/pages/en/home.php?mobile=1

Listening to Heidrun’s demo’s gave me comfort while waiting for my sx900 to arrive.
I had to buy it sight unseen, and it was a big change from my korgs that I had owned for the last 10 years.

Re: KORG PA600 (Dark Mode ) ? - 03/01/20 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By Dnj
In reality how many styles do you really need?

I would estimate maybe a dozen IF...they're top-of-the-line styles...and....you're a top-of-the-line musician.

Re: KORG PA600 Dark Mode - 03/01/20 09:56 PM

Rikki...thanks for coming to my rescue on this. I'm glad you wrote this whole explanation out. Because I can see what I might be up against. And...I CAN'T see "what I might be up against!" To be honest, I didn't understand a lot of what you wrote. I'm more of a "player" than a keyboard connoisseur. But I really have to admire the amount of work you must have put in learning all this stuff.

I just plain don't have the time to do all that myself. Heck, I don't really even have the time to do these posts I've been doing lately.

But back to keyboards. It wouldn't be just changing a snare drum or a cymbal to make the style sound right. I'm embarrassed to say, I haven't even learned the Korg operating system yet. Further...I haven't even upgraded it to the latest version. It's been sitting there brand new and "untouched by human hands." So you can see I'd have to learn the whole OS before I even start editing things. Just don't have that kind of time.

I need to do something about getting an arranger that suits my playing. I've been getting by playing piano and accordion but I'm missing out on jobs where I need a full sound. Not to mention I've been playing arrangers since my first Casio back around 1980.

Can you (or anyone) advise me the best way to move forward with this?

The only thing I can say to help is...I just plain loved that PA3x Musikant. If I can end up with one of those (or a replica) in my hands I'd be one happy camper. Instrument sounds have come a long way....authentic sounding in most of today's keyboards. Just not happy with the styles they pass off with no imagination. Example: 4 variations on each style BUT the style doesn't change, it only adds or subtracts an instrument. The audience would never even hear the difference. The old Roland styles were so versatile and well-thought out. When Roland said four "variations" in the style, that's what you got: four distinct variations in each patch and dynamite notable "fills" and "endings."

So, any ideas on what to do 'cause I'm out of them? Money is not an issue, but I'm guessing I'm NOT going to end up with a
keyboard here in the States that sounds like the Musikant when the dust settles. Or can I? Of course, I'd rather be playing a modern-day instrument rather than go back to my 1990 Roland Pro-E.

Re: KORG PA600 Dark Mode - 03/02/20 03:19 AM

Hi Mark,
You mentioned a dozen or so styles, what type are they? Unfortunately I no longer have any of my korgs, but I still have styles. Just not sure if I can access them individually to tell what they are. I would just need to hunt back thru my old files.
Definitely worth trying some musikant styles on your pa3x, just in case they sound good as they are.
Posted by: sparky589

Re: KORG PA600 Dark Mode - 03/02/20 10:11 AM

Some years ago I had a pa500 musikant. The next version (pa600) had separate musikant package available for purchase and download. Ordered it (500)from Thomann in Germany. Price great, shipping not excessive, tech support when I needed it. Great customer service from overseas. Kinda wish I still had it or similar. Some of the labeling in face of unit was in German. Not a big deal..

Re: KORG PA600 Dark Mode - 03/02/20 11:55 AM

Hi,
can’t understand why they don’t sell them in countries, other than in Europe.

They sell the Oriental version here in Australia, wonder why they can’t do some sort of a deal with Korg aand sell them in other countries.

Only thing that would worry me is if something went wrong with it , if purchased directly from Germany, shipping cost for repairs, something like the pa3x / 4x is pretty heavy, it was expensive enough just shipping them round the country here.

Re: KORG PA600 Dark Mode - 03/02/20 11:59 AM

Ok back to the original topic of dark color mode display.....
does anyone know anyone who has done it...used it.....reviewed it...
where to buy it, etc,etc,?

Re: KORG PA600 Dark Mode - 03/02/20 01:04 PM

i havent heard or seen anything other than the warnings of what it can do to your pa 600. hes not responding to his questions or anything. i would not touch its not worth the risk.

Re: KORG PA600 Dark Mode - 03/02/20 01:19 PM

i havent heard or seen anything other than the warnings of what it can do to your pa 600. hes not responding to his questions or anything. i would not touch its not worth the risk.

It just intrigued me ...but as you say I don't need it,...
and certainly too risky to take a chance on damaging the keyboard & OS.
Posted by: leeboy

Re: KORG PA600 Dark Mode - 03/02/20 02:11 PM

Depends on the music you play...and IF you sing, IMHO.
I need lots of styles because I do only instrumental, no singing and I do orchestral versions of songs. And I need top notch sound quality, because that is the performance. I use the multi-pads too.

In fact I need to do more playing with MIDI files as I think it could prove to be better for me on some more complex songs.