Hi Mark,
Pa3x version should load.

Just try the ones you have, if they sound awful , then they may be playing an incorrect type of instrument.

If one of the tracks is playing, but there is no sound, then it doesn’t exist in your pa3x you need to replace it with one that does exist.

A pa3x musikant data list should be available for download it should give you the program and bank changes for missing instruments ( if there are any).

Really depends on how much you want the styles ie enough to try and fix the ones that may not work.

Just having the Musikant styles, won’t turn it into a Musikant, but it’s still worth trying them out first, with a bit of luck the ones you want to use , may just happen to work.

If you likeI’ll check my old files and see if anyone ever sent me the PA 3X version.

I literally had 100’s of factory styles for the korgs, I doubt I would have ever had use for even 5% of them.

I had a guy over on Korg forums, brand new to arrangers. His store sold him a Musikant PA4x, and basically told him it was the same thing as the regular one.
They only had the musikant in stock. At least they did give him the option of returning it , if he decided he wanted the regular one.
He wasn’t into the European type of styles.
He sent me the styles, the style banks I don’t beleive matched up, it had more of some styles ( European) but it was missing others that were of interest to him. Anyway, he ended up returning it and getting the normal version which suited him better.

P.s.

Before doing anything, check around with Roland owners, if the old styles you’re mentioning still sound good on the new Rolands.

Reason I mention it, when I did the database for the SX900, I ended up leaving the really early styles out, they just sounded awful. They probably could have been fixed, but they just didn’t sound right.

Have you ever checked out any of the Soundwonderland stuff for Yamaha.

https://soundwonderland.de/pages/en/home.php?mobile=1

Listening to Heidrun’s demo’s gave me comfort while waiting for my sx900 to arrive.
I had to buy it sight unseen, and it was a big change from my korgs that I had owned for the last 10 years.

Edited by rikkisbears (03/01/20 08:43 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022