Good Evening Johnnie,

With all due respect to you , Sir, your equation is grossly incorrect. Spelling has nothing whatever to do with grammar. I can misspell all ten words in a ten-word sentence and the sentence will be grammatically perfect as long as my subject, predicate, adjectives, verbs, adverbs etc. are in their proper place in relation to each other within the sentence in accordance with the accepted rules of grammar. You may not grasp what I have written because the words are so poorly spelled, but that does not detract one iota from the correctness of my grammar.

As for the Oxford English Dictionary being the sole authority for the English language, please be aware that in addition to the Oxford version, Webster's Dictionary and Collin's Dictionary are recognized around the world as authoritative sources for the correct spelling and pronunciation of words of the English language. As I said in my earlier remarks, the English language is a developing, and very much alive, language. If the Americans choose to spell a word differently than the version in the Oxford book, so be it. It does not make the American version wrong - just different.

And as you suggested, this is not the forum for a discussion of history, nor is it a forum for the discussion of the Englsih language. But since you and others raised the issue in the first place, I simply wanted to state the facts and truth rather than personal opinion as many have done here. And with that I end any further comment on the matter.

Yours Graciously,

Chuck