Originally Posted By saxxman

Hi Rikki - sorry for the delay - I have not tried using MIDI on BIAB... I just rely on the RealTracks. Love those things. I have used the VSTs on occasion, but it's much simpler for me to just select everything from the RealTracks menus.

I do play a lot of MIDI files on the SX900 and they work great. I'm wondering if the PGMusic driver or specific Patch Map could have anything to do with it? Here is a link to the PG Patch Maps for various keyboards - do not see one specifically for SX900.

BIAB Patch Maps

I do not have BIAB configured yet to run w/the SX900 but will see if I can get a MIDI file to work... In the meantime, enjoy that SX900!

Hi Randy,
for me at the moment it’s more of a case it being annoying that I couldn’t get it to work.
Actually have a patch map for the sx someone over on psr forum did one for cakewalk, and I converted it across to biab. Also tried a few of the other Yamaha ones as well. No luck.

I read somewhere that biab works best with GS , so may just stick with the GS sounds on the sx. In GS mode, drums, sounds work perfectly.

I have mine set up with soft synths also, idea behind that was , if I change keyboards, I don’t have to tweak the songs / styles again to suit a new keyboard.

Should stick to my initial plan. Haha.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022