it all depends how you use the keyboard. I rarely use presets, making the backings specifically for each song. So I need the equivalent of composer loads every time. The psr2000 is no good for me because the flash area is too small for many custom styles, so you are back to swapping floppies all the time. The 9000 is much better, but the flash there runs out of space fast. If you put simple piano styles in, you can just about fill it, but put more complex patterns, maybe more equivalent to the session styles or technics type styles and its soon full with only half or less of the spaces used. As far as I'm concerned, the more flash the better...

So a hard disk has been the only total convenience solution for me so far. It remains to be seen how good a flash card system is. The space on 64 or 128 MB (in a reasonable price range) should be fine for hundreds of custom type edited styles and songs, and hopefully the load time should be virtually instantaneous, with no spin up time etc.

I calculate for a 64 MB card somewhere in the region of 1100 to 1400 technics files of typical composer/panel/song makeup. Less than this if you do performance saves regardless, more than this if you selectively save.

So maybe for a reasonable amount of files, ie say a couple of hundred songs that you can actually remember how to play, a flash card may be fine, given that you can always buy another one. Of course the cost per MB compared to hard disk is another argument, but as always, you take the respective features into account too. We shall have to see...