Yes RGTAA you are correct. The cdrw can be hooked up to the 9000 scsi 2 but only to upload to the 9000 and not to record.
However, as progressive as Yamaha seems to be with their hi end boards it would not suprise me to see that possibility happen too.
The 3.1 upgrade from the 2.1 required 35 pages of manual addendum for all the NEW things the 9000 will now do. I continue to be amazed.
You may be interested to know that yesterday, Scott Yee was here with his hopped up psr 2000, along with Dreamer (Andrea from Italy) playing my new 9000 and me playing my KN6500. It was a great day of music and singing. We really got a great comparison of the three boards and I have to say they are all just terrific. Cliff Anderson from the GA forum was also here and he played my KN.
Scott is a tremendous performer. Andrea has great talent, and Cliff and I listened a lot and played as little as we could get by with. These boards all have their strength and weaknesses, just like the people that play them
PS the volume 8 of the 20 for 1 song project will be emailed for upload sometime today.
Best to all from Bebop