I know, Donny, that you are a very experienced and professional musician and singer. If I’m not mistaken, you had Korg Pa4x, and after that you tried a lot of less expensive keyboards. I guess, after Pa4x there’s only one way to go higher – it’s Genos; but quite a lot of options to go lower. Personally, I’m all for reasonable minimalism and openness to changes. But I picture that you might want to hear good sounds, like authentic pianos and electric pianos, strings, guitars, etc. As a musician, you would probably demand that styles would sound realistic, with solid bass and pleasant drums. These are the things, which Genos is designed to provide. While keyboards of lower ranges are designed in order to cost less, also, in order not to compete with TOTL (so they are deliberately spoiled in some ways).

I must say that I don’t really support Genos myself. In fact, I got something for myself recently, which is 1/5 of the price of a Genos; I plan to show it later. After all, it’s hard not to see Genos as an overpriced product, which is a little bit unfinished. The fact that Yamaha didn’t even paint some marks on knobs and sliders seems a bit aggressive. So I understand if you have some feeling of a protest. Also, it’s none of my business to question your financial priorities, I just remember you saying that money is not the reason why you are not buying it.

Despite the fact that Genos may be not the best value for money, in arrangers’ world it’s so far an unique package. I just can’t help thinking that you now treat keyboards as a reviewer — not a bad thing, just not sure if it is your initial intention.

With respect,