Originally Posted By rikkisbears
I’m finding some of my Korg styles a bit too busy, so trying to dumb them down.

Converted one of the psr styles across because I couldn’t find a Korg style that went really well with the show tunes and old ballads I like to play.

Kind of wish they’d come up with a set of styles that were more basic.

Hi Rikki,

I'm hearing every word you say...and relating to it all. I remember when you and I were working on converting those Roland styles for that reason.

So...it's NOT my imagination. These Korg styles really say nothing. (I still can't find a decent cha-cha and some other basic styles). Korg styles...rather unexciting and "over-blown!" Not terribly inspiring. But I think only those of us who have been playing for years have a benchmark to compare them with (the early Yamaha's and Roland's)

I went to a concert over the weekend and the band (for a change) was really terrific. Then it hit me. The keyboard player was mega-good and he was playing on an old vintage Yamaha stage piano. No one noticed...no one complained...no one cared. He got standing ovations. So I'm thinking to myself...why not go back to your old equipment...the Roland Pro-E, etc just for the styles. My intuition tells me to sell this "untouched" PA3x and maybe look into the new Yamahas even.