Originally Posted By ekurburski
It also bothers me somewhat when someone throws up 10 years of service as there justification for putting my viewpoints down.

Well that's an interesting reading of my post. Again, I was NOT the one to bring up 'service to country' (perhaps you may want to re-read the prior post - it seems so easy to ignore what we want to ignore and key in on the things that we think make our point). Someone else used that justification (just as you described) and I merely responded that my service should also count; JUST AS YOU DID. Look, you and I are probably never going to see eye to eye philosophically or politically; our cultural differences, value systems, and life experiences, all the things that define us as human beings, are probably just to vastly different to bridge in our lifetime. At one point in the last 50 years or so, we seemed to be making some progress. Since the beginning of this administration (2016) that progress has not only stopped, but has actually started to reverse itself. Many in today's society welcome this. They long for the 'good ol' days' when their elevated status gave them not only a leg up but a highly identifiable group to scapegoat for everything that was 'wrong' in the country. Now, that group has expanded to include Jews, Muslims, and most of the spanish-speaking world; in other words, practically anyone not rooted in western Europe. This IS the Trump strategy and I have to admit, he's done a masterful job of implementing it. I could go on (and on and on) but I think you get my drift. As a fellow Vet, I (sincerely) thank you for your service and respect your strong feelings about the direction of the country. However, too many examples in history (notably 1930's Germany) show that tribalism and extreme nationalism (especially based on race, religion, or culture) NEVER, EVER work out. Have a good day and I hope your health problems improve.

chas