Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By ekurburski
BIAB gives me an unbelievable larger palate of sounds making the purchase of a newer kb unnecessary. I find it interesting that Yamaha is bragging about its real drums that BIAB has not only had for years but gives you yhe ability to record and create your own. BIAB also provides over 2700 real tracks and the ability to create user real tracks with an active user base that is doing just that. Yes, it is not a real time arranger but it does provide exceptional back up tracks that work well with any keyboard. It takes no longer to create a backup track than it does to set up a registration or create a song style on the kb and in my opinion the final results are usually much better.

Band in a box is a fantastic program but arranger players will always think it's faking canned karaoke music vs using live styles that's where the trouble lies and thoughts all around the music community.

Hi Donny,
One always has the option of playing along using a keyboard ( minus styles), piano, guitar,whatever, if one feels they need to play an instrument.Style tracks can always be muted and the part can be played live by the performer.

I used to split my keyboard. Pad left hand, melody right. My piano playing wasn’t really good enough for me to mute the piano track and play the whole thing. Biab, did a better job. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022