Yes, this is indeed a very interesting topic.

Lately I am having great fun using V-Console for Genos software to drive Genos as the upper keyboard, the Kronos 2 88 as the lower keyboard, and Roland PK5 as the bass pedal. I can trigger chord changes for style progression from both Genos and Kronos, with the flexibility of playing different voices from the two keyboards.

In order to achieve a stable home studio type setup which allows me to hookup additional devices or maintain existing connections, I bought a Jaspers 4S-150S A-Frame anodized aluminum keyboard stand for this combo, achieving very clean floor space:

The sounds from the Kronos with EXs45 KApro "Symphonic Dreams 2 Orchestra & Strings" library are incredible. The EXs17 Berlin D Piano makes the CFX Concert Grand on Genos sound thin and tiny. Mixing the sounds of Genos and Kronos is much more enjoyable than playing Genos alone.

My next steps:
1. Get additional Jaspers keyboard accessories to hold the laptop and iPad Pro 12.9 to free up more floor space on the left.
2. Replace the Roland PK5 13-note pedal with a 24 to 25-note MIDI pedal - 13-notes is too limiting.
3. Work on making some dummy voice files for Genos to access some of my favorite sounds of Roland Integra 7 - this may take a long while.

Thanks,
Paul

Edited by zionip (10/25/18 07:38 PM)