Comparison Roland BK9 vs G70.

To own one or the other, would be complete satisfaction.

To own both can cause indecision.

They each have strengths and features over the other.

After spending dedicated time with the BK9 (purposely put the G70 away.),
and then set up the G70 again for side by side comparison...sounds , styles and sequences..

The BK9 has a complete range of features that I like a lot.. the media player works well..
and the wave recorder and midi recorder, likewise..

The mic input is clear and powerful with phantom power too. Mic effects are good.

The keybed is very playable..

Insert effects are plentiful . 3 for SMF's and 2 for realtime parts.

Super Natural sounds are just that,,, SUPER.

Audio keys can be very useful, if you get pass the novelty and use them correctly..
First and formost , use drum loops..(audio drums).

Storage galore, flashdrive does the job..

If this was your only keyboard, you would be a happy camper..

The G70 lacks the audio player and media player, but excells in all other aspects..

Touch screen spoils you.. you may get use to the BK9 screen operations but no substitute
for G70 touch screen.

Also for edited parts of SMF or styles .. no contest , G70 rules..

G70 adds "cover" for SMF's and styles..

The mic input is a bit less clear than the BK9, but adds more control and harmony..

The Singer key feature is a great feature..

The transpose is easier to use on the G70..

The separate outs are very useful and missed on the BK9.. Likewise the separate output from the mic..

Sound comparison resulted in a mixed bag..The BK9 with Super Natural sounds is really great..
Problem is... we can't use Super Natyral with Styles or SMF's as a sound source.. only realtime parts..

The G70 allowed us to use the SRX boards in both Style and SMF's..

I have listened in detail and although close in sound, the G70 just sounds better to me..
I watched a E80 vs BK9 video on youtube and the player showed the E80 sounded better, so
I did the same comparisons and the same results... G70 was better sound...

If you only owned the BK9 , would never realize there was a better sound elsewhere..

BTW: I did this comparison with Korg, Ketron and Yamaha keyboards... and the results are all the same.. G70

has the best overall sounds.

The BK9 is 25 pounds lighter than the G70. And the quality difference in construction is reflected in the weight factor..

I also have more trust in the Italian factory quality over the Chinese manufactureres..

I would love to hear the styles and SMF's using Super Natural sounds.. Maybe the Integra7 is on my target list..
I would not want the Integra7 to default to a GM2 bank but I would want to assign the Super Natural sounds,,,
I think that is possible using the studio sound sets..

Maybe some Integra7 owners can enlighten me..

BTW: if I could only own the G70 or BK9...............It would be the G70.

Edited by Fran Carango (08/16/18 05:34 PM)