Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
Thanks Alec,

I'm a little confused with your answer:
--------------------------------------------
create a folder in the root of the sd called IMEXPORT. Copy midi files there, then go to SD Tools menu, SD Sound Tools, SD Sound Import and copy them to default playlist, and edit your user playlists from them. Then delete the contents of IMEXPORT to save card space.
--------------------------------------------

I'm not a computer geek, so excuse me for asking, but where exactly do I create the IMEXPORT folder?

On My Computer, I click on E drive(SD Read/write drive) it displays a "read only, hidden folder" called SD_SOUND. (I have my computer set-up to display hidden folders).

Clicking on that SD_SOUND folder, displays 3 more hidden files. One is called SD_SOUND.PLM, and another called SD_SOUND.TKM, and below that is a midi file I saved on the 7000. This midi file, also is "read only and hidden".

Which brings me to my original question, where do I put the folder IMEXPORT ?

Also, taking into consideration the size of the SD CARD, can I put an unlimited amount of midi files in the IMEXPORT folder? How many midis can the default playlist hold on the 7000?

Since the 7000 saves midi files as "read only/hidden", do I have to change the midis on my CD-R to "read only/hidden" before copying them to the IMEXPORT SD Card Folder
Larry

the root is the base folder that opens up from the card reader drive letter. In that folder is PRIVATE if you have saved Technics files, SD_SOUND if you have saved midi files etc etc. Right click in a blank space of the root of the card, choose new from the menu, choose folder, and name the folder. The IMEXPORT folder will now be next to these others.

Since the instructions made no mention of read only etc, you do not need to worry about it, just follow the steps described.

The default playlist can be 999 midis, and 99 user playlists can have 99 songs each, my 7k book had full step by step of playlist creation and editing pages 34 to 38. I have transferred hundreds of midis in one go via imexport.

Andy Gittings had a fine freeware for converting kar to mid, I can mail it if you need it.

Use the search function in the start menu to find *.kar on the cd, highlight the list and drag to a folder. Then do a search for *.mid and the same to another folder - instant sort of the two types without having to bother which program is associated with what.