Originally Posted By cgiles
@ $300 price difference. Hate the fact that I'd have to buy an Ipad to take advantage of the app.

chas

Well, when it comes to tablets, seems apple has won the war, android tablets are slowly leaving the scene. Windows tablets however like the high end micrsosft surface are another thing

The main reason why all these companies choose Apple is the fact that its much more reliable because of a single hardware platform and much much more secure .. on top of that the average ipad owner spends a factor 100 times as much monmey on apps as the android owner, simply because apple has banned out the hackers and the pirates where android still embraces them, even offering them their own markets..

Prices of software on apple are really really acceptable to me, i will never look back.

And another thing, did you know that programming a high end Android app costs as much as 5 times as programming an Apple app, because of how the tooling works... and there is no easy way to convert from apple to android, so programmers need to start all over.

So my best bet is, apple will be king of the tabblet market for a very very long time... the tablet market is very different from the mobile phone market.

So there is many many reasons why these apps mostly come to apple... espescially in the musik market apple ipad is king... now all yamaha needs to do is allow this app to communicate with other music software on ipad.

http://keyszone.boards.net