Originally Posted By cgiles
... I have a couple of recordings of just Bob (guitar) and me but they're mostly straight-ahead jazz tunes (Just Friends, East of the Sun, etc.). Anyhoo, still waiting on my Crumar Seven (backordered at Sweetwater) to record some 'real' Rhodes.
chas

I was 19 years young and attending college at night when I met a trumpet player in one of the classes ... he was trying to put together a 'cocktail' group and asked if I was interested ... I was already with the band I would play with for 26 years, but I figured I would give it a try ... He had a vibes player who was excellent, himself on trumpet, and me on accordion with left hand bass - we later added a bass player which I guess told me that I needed to work more on my left hand ... the trumpet player and the vibes player would switch off on a little 'cocktail' drum set when not playing their main instrument ... I loved it when it was me, the vibes player, bass, and drums ... we used to get close to that "Art Van Damme" sound ... one of the songs we did particularly well was "East of the Sun" ... I've loved that song ever since ...

PS ... We played a few nice gigs, but then my schedule took me away from them ...

And, no pressure, chas, but I hope to hear some of that 'real' Rhodes sound ...