No, not the Bobby Caldwell tune, I'm thinking back to when we willingly hauled around a 400+ lb. B3 (closer to 500 with those solid oak side carriers) and one or two 100 lb. Leslies. And usually for the princely sum of $100-125 for a four hour gig and then loading up at 1 or 2am after a hard night of playing and drinking. Gosh, what fun. It was even worse for me 'cause I had a C3 which was probably 50 lbs. heavier than the 'B'. Plus, by the time the gig was over, all the desirable ladies had already left (with some guy that didn't have to gig for a living) in a cute little convertible (vs the raggedy van you were compelled to have to haul that stupid organ around) and you were left with only the '2am deplorables'. Gosh, what fun. Remember how the other band members would magically disappear when it was time to load the organ (ever wonder why you never kept in touch smile ). Now we whimper, although we can pick up every single piece of equipment we own with one hand but still complain about a 5lb weight difference in a keyboard that can accurately duplicate 1000 different instruments. What a bunch of slackers we've become.....or did we just get OLD.

Zuki's quip about getting an organ made me think of all this smile.

chas