After viewing the recently revealed picture of the KN7000, http://www.wtenaykeyboardstudios.com/SK-KN7000.html
I wanted to offer my thoughts & opinions.

I must admit that the new flip top lid (ala laptop computer style) is an innovative new idea for an arranger keyboard. I assume (hope) that the tilt back/forward combination LCD display & button control panel is able to tilt back to an almost flat position to provide the customary button access angle we're all used to. It appears that because of this design, that the panel memory buttons and other arranger function buttons will be situtated (disappointingly) further away from the key bed than I'd prefer.

My BIGGEST concern is the fact that this large tilt panel is one BIG moveable part. cable(s) are needed to connect from the main keyboard to this large moving panel & LCD display. I remember (on my KN5000) that I (and a number of other KN5000 owners as well) experienced loose cable connection problems between the tilt up color LCD screen & keyboard, so I see how this could become an even greater potential problem on the KN7000.

Aesthetically speaking, at least from what I can gather from this initial picture, I DO NOT like the looks/styling of the KN7000. It's oversized tilt control panel looks way out of proportion (too large & awkward looking ) in relation to the keyboard itself. The large tilt panel seems like it may block (muffle) the sound coming from the speakers (from the player's POV) as well.

As I have been putting a lot of (next keyboard) hopes into the KN7000, I'm not going to jump to any final conclusions about it this early in the game. Afterall, the KN7000 won't even be released till the Fall, so I suppose anything can happen between now and then. Nonetheless, I look forward to hearing other KN7000 opinions (based on the pic & Alec's report) as well. - Scott