jm,

When you plug in a CD player into your system the CD player does not have as much drive into your amp as the 6000 does. In other words the 6000 has more power coming out of it than the CD player. Therefore if your system is set at the same volume level you will get more out of the KN. The way it works is the more you put in the more you get out. I am not talking about the built in speaker system of the keyboard but the output power of the out jacks on the back of the keyboard. The ones that you are using to feed your external amp. That is why you are experiencing this volume change. There are other factors that also enter in the equation. If you overdrive the external amp, that is, put too much power into it, you will cause other problems such as distortion or maybe some of what you are noticing. Fender amps also are made for guitars and match the output of guitars. That is why you must match the two. Balance the two pieces of equipment to one another. As NSR points out when everything is balanced and blended the result is great. Yes, as this holds true in the making of music so is also true in the balancing and blending of hardware. Only then will you obtain a pleasing result. So very important! Walt is right on the money when he speaks about MP3 files. Using them for any comparison will only result in you deceiving yourself and will lead you on the road to disappointment. In terminating my observations I will say again the three of us, I, me and myself, are pleased with our amp setup as well as the people we perform for. If you are not, something must be going amiss. Either the equipment does not like each other (is not a good match for each other). The equipment likes each other but is being used wrong. One part of the equipment stinks from the get go.

This is an interesting subject. I have read on other forums where the discussion of amps, speakers and equipment are frequently debated. The demise of these discussions too often is caused by loyalty to brand, ego or such. An open mind along with a desire to find the truth of the subject at hand is of prime importance. A willingness to experiment also figures into the mix to make any progress at all. That’s the way I see it and would hope many others would add to the comments already expressed on this subject.

Before I shut my mouth I would like to make a statement that no doubt will cause a stir on this forum. And that is: Could be there are people who do not like the sounds and rhythms of the Technics keyboards. And that might be the root of this whole discussion. If that is the case, let me say there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you do not care for it, you do not care for it. And that’s the way it is. I hate broccoli but Ruthie loves it. Jack Sprat could eat no fat but his wife could eat no lean so between them both they licked the platter clean. So fellows and gals lets hear some words of wisdom flow from your finger tips over to my house. This is a new year and a new year deserves some new thoughts which brings new life to this new year of thoughts even if you did not make any new years resolutions. Ruthie says: What ever you think dear.

Grandpa Doug