What a good keyboard player learns early or SHOULD LEARN is to know how to blend sounds. This takes a good ear and is something many on the forum have yet to learn. I only have to hear other's work to know this. I can't stress enough to listen to what you have recorded. What I hear from so many is one extreme or the other - Too loud playing of RIGHT 1, RIGHT 2 versus the volume settings in your accompaniment or the other way around - Too much volume on horns, not enough on strings, bass set too low or too loud. LISTEN TO YOURSELF! Surely you can hear the unbalanced sound. I have loaded people's music and have listened to settings of RIGHT 1 set at 127 and BASS set at 65, HORNS set at 120 - With settings like these, believe me, over a p.a., you are going to hear complaints from people.

Most likely, the problem isn't the keyboard or the p.a. Not knowing Walt's system, makes it harder to analyze. He may have brilliant speakers that pick up the highs and are weak on the low end or his p.a. amplifier isn't set right in the mix. I can almost bet that if you get your volumes set right in your instruments i.e., right hand and accompaniments, no one will complain about your sound other than your outright being a bad musician or they don't like your style of music. If you can follow the bouncing ball and keep the beat and when instrumentation is set correctly, all should be well.

Grandpa Doug - Your last paragraph - "Taint funny, McGee!" I'll bet you remember that.