Originally Posted By Torch

My former accordion teacher (Contino's cousin) a top notch Jazz organist/accordionist once said about Black musicians; they are either good or bad, nothing in between.

Tony, we're usually on the same page but I fail to see the relevancy of the above quote (which, first of all, is patently untrue....and therefore not worth repeating). Are you suggesting that I should apologize for MY post? If MY post is what you are referring to as 'going SOUTH', I have to respectfully disagree. My post was a RESPONSE to a comment that I found offensive, saw no need for, and felt that I had a right to say so (and explain why....in what I hoped was a respectful way). BUT, I just don't see why you think an apology to the OP is appropriate when it was HIS comment (however innocent) which started the trip SOUTH.

However, at the moment I'm more concerned about a good prognosis for DonM. That's a lot more hopeful than the possibility of changing social attitudes in these times. Sorry if my post made some people uncomfortable.

chas