To John C. and Starkeeper who inquired about my "trade down" from a 6500 to the 2600----I'm not sure what to say. I'd had the 6500 for two years and was ready for something new. The 7000 was too pricey. After auditioning the 2600, I decided to make the plunge and not look back. So far, no regrets. The 2600 presents many new styles, much of which are contemporary. Even tho' it has the jazz, big band, latin styles etc.,it seems pitched toward much of the current musical market. Since I create backing tracks for others and myself, that's partially why I went for it. The various sounds (woodwinds, brass, pianos, etc.) sound a little harsh or brittle compared to the 6500. However, that may stem from the reverb and other effects used. Others might hold different opinions on this. The rhythm section is really tight and sounds more musical than previous KN boards. The bass line tracks better than any board I've had. And remember, the 2600 will play the styles from the 7000 via the SD card, altho' I've not tried that. The keys have a more plastic feel compared to the 6500. The screen is smaller, non-color, but easy to view. Many of the functions seem the same. I've not cracked the manual as yet and have had no problems with it. By the way, I'm a recent convert to the PSR family and just sold the 2000. The 2100 is scheduled to arrive this week. It should be fun to explore the best of both boards.