My general concern about Genos is that I do not see it as a tool. I see it as a cool thing to have fun with at home, an attractive and tempting thing. But playing in public you “sell” yourself as a singer or as a pianist, so all the “backing content” is not supposed to steal the focus. I notice that at first dealing with a new arranger keyboard I enjoy listening to all parts of an accompaniment and playing all voices, but eventually I enjoy muting parts of accompaniment except for drums, bass and pad, and focus on basic voices like pianos.

My point is that there’s not much room or need for playing horns or violins or saxes if you play in public because they tend to make music sound “cheap”. So I don’t see Genos as an efficient tool to play in public. And it’s not a keyboard for a band either. I’d say that $700 is a sufficient budget for a keyboard for gigging. And as for a studio type of work, Genos seems to be a weird choice as well. There’re as well such options as Yamaha MOXF, which cost about $1100. It sends audio through USB – I didn’t have a chance to try it but it seems like a real thing.

Well, it’s nice if people have nice homes and want to buy nice things for it. Like Genos or even Clavinova CVP-709GP. I guess it’s them whom Yamaha targets in the first place, offering Genos or CVP-709GP. I admit, a part of me wants to be among these people. Another part of me wants to be more mobile and flexible, which means no such security.

So it doesn’t have to be a practical purchase. But you have to label it somehow, you can’t just name it “a very cool thing”, it works better if it’s labeled “a tool for songwriting of a studio quality”. Well, Casio also declares most of their keyboards to be suitable for studio and stage, so what’s the point to be surprised.

Don’t mean to be offensive, I just need to let these thoughts out… so that I could change my mind latter...