Peter Baartmans is one of Yamaha's greatest assets in my humble opinion. He is also a huge motivator in getting people to at least consider purchasing a Genos. I mean if he can't convince you then who can? cool More importantly once people hear Peter playing the Genos the Genos basically sells itself because of the outstanding sounds it has in every category whether organ, strings, guitars, you name it.

No doubt mid-range and high-end arrangers today all sound fairly decent and good playing skills are icing on the cake. But if you want something out of the ordinary then there are only a few arrangers that fit the bill in my opinion. If you want the best then that narrows it down to three contenders i.e. the Korg Pa4x the Ketron SD9 and our most recent arrival the Yamaha Genos. If you want the cream of the crop then Genos in my opinion is a tough act to follow. But whatever floats your boat as they say.

The Ketron SD9 is even cheaper in price than the Korg Pa4x so yes if you want to save a buck then those two arrangers are very appealing and also sound great. What I'm trying to say is if your goal is to sound as good as possible then you need a keyboard that excels in realistic sound reproduction. Competition is good because it keeps the Big Three and others on their toes looking for ways to improve what is arguably already great products. Sound is subjective but if the goal is realism and authenticity then Genos takes the cake if you ask me. This is my own opinion of course but as they say, honesty is always the best policy, right? wink

All the best,

Mike