Age 86 – playing jobs since I was 28--- average 3 jobs per week.
86 less 28 = 58 years of playing jobs. Averaged 3 jobs per week X 52 weeks = 156 X 58 years = 9,048 jobs in my lifetime of playing. And I hate accepting that I must the fact that it’s time to stop.

Did I get bored doing the same over and over? Did I try to be more of a performer? Did I ever get burned out? No, I did my best and never gave a thought to anything but me doing a good job.

90% of my jobs were catering jobs with 100 to 800 people. Most were 4 hour gigs; 40 minutes on the hour; continuous 55 minutes on the hour.
My point: I allowed myself to be what I am without questioning what I was doing. There was my band and there were people who came to have a good time.

All my jobs came through recommendations; no ads or booking agents. I just tried to be the best I could be. My only thought: How can I make this better?

None of the above was written to exalt John. In fact I never added how many jobs I played until this thread. My desire is to share the joy of music entertain; other than a new born baby music has to be the greatest. (smile)

John C.