Well, you members came through again. Someone said the same thing to me many years ago. Are you learning new songs?

So I took your advice here but modified it a bit. The last 2-3 days, instead of new songs, I'm back to practicing Jerry Lee Lewis left hand piano patterns. And.....taking any song and instead of just playing the chords....."voice" the chord in as many different ways as I can. Both projects are challenging enough to renew my interest somewhat.

But, again, I think that's it for me. The difference between Donnie and me is I've been playing full time for 50 years now. That's maybe 5-7 gigs a week, a lot of doubles, and a few triples even. I mean, I loved every minute of it, but I think it finally caught up with me. My life is now "off-balance" from playing so many gigs over the years.

But, again, it was a good run and if I had to do it all over again, I would take the same route. Zuki is correct when he says: "what better gig is there than playing live music for folks? - we are in the minority and I am blessed to be"

Bills still have to be paid though so I'll keep playing whatever nursing homes I'm able to pick up and hope I can still keep my membership in the Synthzone and maybe even be in the Synthzone Hall of Fame for most gigs worked!