I understand what you are saying. My first real keyboard was the Korg M1 back in 1989. It gave me sounds to create arrangements... to get those ideas out of my head. The T3 came out... too expensive for minimal upgrades. Then the O1/Wfd came out and it was a major upgrade for me. Sold the M1, bought an O1/Wfd.

Ours ears get sounds from these keyboards that burn into our brains. An M1 in 1989 sounded awesome... my Yamaha Motif ES sounded great in 2004 and it sounds great in 2017 but the sounds are old to my ears.

With Yamaha, I've been waiting for the next instrument for me. I mostly want newer sounds to create new arrangements. Montage was a major upgrade but they took out the sequencer. The Genos has drum kits that can transform an arrangement. I had PSR3000... PSR-S900... PSR-S970 and I loved the sounds but the sub par sequencer and keybed touch were deciding factors to sell those boards. Our brains evolve and crave new sounds... very simple concept.

Now... a Genos at $5499 US is not worth it... but discounts are out there and the sound quality may be worth it for new sounds to create musical arrangements... to me!!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N