I have no clue, where you want to go?

But first of creativity does not come with a keyboard that does the same thing as the previous one, but only better...however, new features can inspire creativity..

In general psr keyboards and all other arrangers are still best at replaying songs we created by others with dizying similarity. Thats the core of an arranger.

Some instruments are replaced every 3 years... while others have a much longer life... a grand piano is king and has eternal life, as is the orriginal B3... some analogue synths like the yamaha CS80, minimoog, jupiter 8 will allways keep wanted.

But arrangers, whats the life span of arrangers? For Yamaha depending on the buyer that would be 3 or 6 years, one or 2 generations... for Korg, it seems 4 years.. but then there are people still enjoying Roland G70, Ketron Audya, General music arrangers. What does make thise instruments last longer then others?

I guess the answer is character, the same as with a good glass of wine, my Kronos is 8 years old, and still doesn’t feel old.. and there are still parts that keep surprising me.. almost daily.

And then there is this notion, that the better the musician. The less need hey seem to feel to improve their instruments.. I seriously beleive that when your instrument is above a certain treshhold(and the s950 is) there is ample need to replace it for a good musician, because they allready sound top knotch..

So what reason is there to upgrade an instrument? I guess its functionallity that allows you to do things your current instrument can’t do.

For example....
Launchpad on Ketron SD9 pro
Ensemble voices on Genos
The direct controll features and VH on Korg pa4x.
Live knobs on psr s970 and the live controls on Genos.

In the end...
its mostly a matter of enjoying what you have...
While dreaming from the one instrument that rules them all
Keep in mind, that if you ever get that instrument, there is nothing left to dream..
And having nothing left to dream about, makes life a....

So i hope all this phylosophical writing makes you enjoy the things that are in your reach more.. while accepting your dreams as a dream.. just ask yourself, is this new keyboard all i want... or would i want even more after that?

http://keyszone.boards.net