Bill, I work with a Supertwist touch-screen display every day I'm on my boat and it is pretty darned fast, IMO. I touch the screen and within a fraction of a second the selected menu appears, another touch and another fraction of a second and I have a course laid out to my destination. The only slow thing about any GPS/Plotter with Supertwist is the time it takes to load new charts, which has nothing to do with the display.

The resolution and accuracy of my Lowrance HDS7 Gen2 is incredible, especially considering that just a decade ago, we were viewing displays that were essentially dot matrix in quality. Despite the fact that I am working with just a 480 X 640 resolution, keep in mind that is all on a screen that measures just 7 inches diagonal, which provides incredibly sharp images. The screen I use is larger than the screen on my PSR-S950, but about 2 inches smaller than on the Genos.

The demos I've seen from the Genos display appear to be quite sharp, clear and accurate, but as yet, I have not been able to determine exactly which technology they used for the display. I guess this is one of those "To Be Determined" items that we will eventually find out about.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)