I got my Code 61 yesterday. What a good-looking controller! The keyboard action is excellent as many noted. If they make an 88 key version, I won't hesitate to get one. By the way, the first thing that I did was to update the firmware even though mine is from the latest batch. Sure enough it had an old version.

I just can't get over how inexpensive this thing is for all the features and quality it has, and moreover it comes with VIP 3.0 and other software instruments. If Roland put bellows on something like this, it will be $3,500 and $4,500 it they include accordion sounds and a few orchestra sounds. That's what the junior model Roland digital accordion FR4x costs, which I have besides the flagship model.

Thanks, Fran, for being a "cheap" influence on me. I am very happy with this controller. Sometimes little things make a big difference. These days, manufacturers are trying to do away with standard 5 pin midi connectors. This one has midi in and out. Oh, yes, expression input, too. I have a Roland A49 which has a standard 5 pin midi out, but how do you turn the dumb thing on as a standalone without a computer? I had to hack it to force it to turn on without being connected to PC whereas the Code 61 has a power input and, the power switch will turn it off while it is connected to the computer. A nice touch.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32