While I am waiting for my M-Audio Code 61, I tried out the demo version of VIP 3.0 today. Fortunately, everything went smooth in my Surface Pro and Lenovo hybrid though I had to activate and deactivate the iLok license between the two PCs. Both the standalone and 64 bit VST version Opened just fine in in Ableton Live, Gig Performer, VSTHost, and Mixcraft 8 Pro.

It was pretty impressive to see VIP to automatically map all the patches of Kotakt, Korg M1, Korg Wavestation, many apps included NI Komplete, Omnisphere, just about every single instrument/effect plugin by Air Music Technology, and so forth. What delighted me is that between patches in a given plugin and between plug-ins many patches were switched on instantly with patch remain. Korg M1's patches are very small and they switch on instantly, but Structure 2 by Air Music? That is a sampler like Kontakt, and it takes some time for some patches to load up. However, in VIP they were instant. I just don't understand how it does that. Plug-ins load up in VIP very quickly for some reason, and I am not complaining. smile I'm glad that I jumped in, and I consider the Code 61 a nice bonus to this software. I'll say that VIP is a must for those who have lots of VST instruments.

Also, the future of VIP seems to be very good. Sweetwater called me and said that it would take one week before they receive another shipment of the Code 61. The Code series must be selling well.

Besides, Akai, Alesis, M-Audio, and other manufacturers actually belong the same mother company called Inmusic Brands. The software VIP is, of course, by them, too. They just updated VIP to 3.0, and the user base is growing. So I think this is a safe investment.

A screen capture of my Lenovo. You can see all the patches of a vst plugin.

Edited by Torch (09/13/17 04:33 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32