Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Bachus, I got it up and running (sorta).. It is not stable.. yet.

After the better part of two days.. I watched an old video of 2.0 VIP being installed..it was closer than what I understood to install 3.0..

It was a total fiasco.... and still glitched..

There is a learning curve... not to run VIP. but to install it grin

Honestly at this point I can say I prefer using MixCraft8 as the wrapper (host)..it is very similar result wise, easier to see and find, especially while playing..

I am/was interested in stand alone mode, but the boot time is actually faster in MixCraft8..

I think I have about 2,000 VST's so it is easy enough to find what I need... MC8 also has categories.. (It doesn't tell you the color of your eyes) smile....

Maybe if I had to sort thru 20,000 sounds... it would have more value to me.. If it worked flawlessly shocked

I will spend a few more days with it...and see if I can grow to like it.... so far NO!!!

At least it was a benefit from buying the Code61 (free)..

My guess AKAI is bailing out on VIP (making it available to other manufacturers).... probably another design in the works..

I can see it more valuable in the studio ...

AKAI needs to post directions to "how to install VIP 3.0"

I also had conflicts running VIP in Ableton live9 and MixCraft8..

Hi Fran

There was a big change between VST 2 & 3 instruments and most give you the option of which program (Or dll) to use, just make sure the one you choose matches your host in your DAW otherwise problems can occur, in addition many .dll come in various channel flavours (4, 8, 16 etc.) so make sure you choose one that is compatible with your DAW, finally most modern VST require at least Windows 7 (Or the latest MAC OS) to load and work correctly, as otherwise there can be operational problems. (Although in most cases if the OS is too old it won’t install)

Hope this helps

Bill