Okay, I think I,m starting to understand the popularity of vintage gear. Especially analog synthesizers. Besides the unique sounds, they produce. They also have a lot of knobs and switches, to allow you to, manipulate the sound physically. Something which was lacking on most early digital synths. I'm not saying you could not, manipulate sounds on a digital synth. You just have to do a lot of button pushing, and scrolling through dozens of menues.

However, a lot of companies started to put knobs and switches onto their synths. Like Roland with the JD-800, which had sliders instead of knobs, and later the JP8000. Of course it was Clavia who produced a virtual analog synth, and they had put knobs back on.

The downside to these early analog synths, besides needing repair, or carefull handleing of. The price for these things, has shot up tremendously, subsiquintly, most people includeing myself can not afford to buy them. When analog synths fell out of favor in the 1980's I could have afforded to buy one, I just did not have a job or the money. Of cousre I was still in grade school. Bt the time I got a job and money, vintage synths, became popular again and that started to drive the price up. Of course, I still can not afford them. It's almost a "Catch-22".