Hi!

It was very nice to read the analyses above.

And, I think that now - after a few years - digital modeling, software synths, sampling etc. have still not come to replace the original analog synths in studios. I for example did just acquire myself a couple of Oberheims, i.e., Matrix-1000s and Xpanders. I also would have liked to get a Matrix-12, if the prices of those quite few available would not have gone up to the skies! A comparison with Tyros-2 made me happy in any case: Even though the samples in Tyros are of best quality I have heard in a digital keyboard, the voice of Matrix-1000, for example, is so sweet and there are so many nyances possible - without mentioning the Xpander!

Although I'm not anymore a young guy, I have practically no earlier experience with analog synths, forgetting me building multivibrators as a young boy tens of years ago. But, I have experince with a few different types of digital and acoustic instruments. Laying on that I see that sometimes the sound of my Oberheims are dull like that of those old-days multivibrators, but half of the time they possess warmth, which in my opinion is missing in the digital world. Myth or not, that is how I hear it.

And, I really do love the physical real-time knobs! In the digital world, on the other hand, I hate using the mouse - because I've got two hands with five fingers each, which function at least 10 times better and more accurately than a mouse. In addition, I don't like staring a computer screen although I have to do that all days long. I certaily don't want to become a "Jimi Hendrix" nor any other idol. I'm too old for thinking that ridiculously. BUT, I do want to get authentic sounds, and I want to play and investigate what can be found in the old analog world.

I might soon buy a Korg Radias, though. But, I'm certainly not selling those old synths. I admit that wanting to own something special - be it a vintage synth or antique - is an important factor, which is making vintage synths more and more expensive as well as rare. And, I have a feeling that the present day's synths may not be functioning at all after 20 years or so, especially, if they relay on PC software. In addition, their microchips are so small and the circuits so thin that corrosion would ruin them much quicker than their older counterparts - unless they are packed air-tightly or made of a more durable material like gold, for example.

Have a nice vintage dream!

Regards,
Tiitu.

[This message has been edited by Tiitut (edited 10-30-2006).]