I have a somewhat similar setup to Jerry - a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 13-inch laptop/tablet. I use Musicreader 4.0 to contain my library of, to date, 6,336 scores and generally play from that program - just a matter of selecting a song from alphabetic catalogue, or typing in a few letters to search. Takes about 2 seconds to locate and load a song. But it does playlists too.

Where I have created registrations I bring up the score full-screen via midi using OpenText. Most of my scores are multi-paged so I can turn page forward/back using PageFlip Firefly bluetooth pedal (still on original 2 AA-cells after more than a year). The pedal works on MusicReader, OpenText and all PDF editors/readers.

So how does it perform outside? Outside right now there's very bright sun and temperature is in 30'sC (90's F). My Dell has a highly reflective glass screen so:-

(20...44.jpg) Pic 1 - Out in direct sunlight (MusicReader 4.0)
(20...59.jpg) Pic 2 - In the partial shade of a tree (MusicReader 4.0)
(20...13.jpg) Pic 3 - Displaying on keyboard indoors- low room lighting (OpenText)

I just wouldn't be playing in direct sun - not kind to the instrument or player - but the scores are readable in the shade.

Is it setup perfect? Nearly - I'd go for a 15-inch screen or larger next time. For backup I'd carry one folder of paper scores and leave it in the car.

Phil

Attachments
20170227_134344.jpg

20170227_134259.jpg

20170227_135513.jpg