Hi Alan,
Oh! Dear! Now that sounds serious..... I've never come across that problem before. Sounds like replacement is the only option...
You could try a UK Technics Spares source here : info@wdgreenhill.com they may be able to help.....

The fact that you have two displays with the same problem would suggest a possible environmental cause ?
Are your instruments situated in an area which experiences very high temperatures for extended periods ? I know parts of OZ can get very hot.....

It's quite amazing what high temperatures can do... I left some CDs in my conservatory for several years after 'burning' them and forgot about them. When I discovered them earlier this year, I tried playing them and they were virtually useless!

I hasten to add that this only really applies to CDR/CDRW and not the commercially produced CDs, although I have known some to warp when exposed to high temperatures over an extended period...

UPDATE

Found this on : http://www.mcclainsolutions.com/Articles.cfm?Article=865209
Delamination
Delamination results in the formation of bubble(s) on the external surface of the LCD panel. High temperature, humidity, and/ or improper assembly of the LCD panel can cause delamination defects. Generally, air or moisture is trapped between the front polarizer and glass substrate, resulting in the formation of bubbles.

Edited by Bill Norrie (10/19/16 02:44 PM)