On the topic of SYNC-STARTing a MIDI song - Style - Audio Multipad on the Tyros 5, you can take it a step further. I have gotten more life, or rather more suitable songs to work with the Audio Styles by auto Syncing a MIDI Song file to just the audio section or the audio drum parts of an Audio style. The Audio style will still time stretch to the tempo of the synced Midi File. In other words, you can add the energy and live feel the Tyros 5's audio styles (or expansion audio styles) isolated audio drum part sections and use them in a synced MIDI Song file to replace the original MIDI drum track. In my example, I am adding not only the audio drum part, but all the style parts synced to my MIDI Song file.

In my example below, I pushed the capabilities almost to the limit, plus demonstrates the flexibility and power of this syncing process. I'll be using the same MIDI Song file, "HowCanYouMendABrokenHeart_keyD.mid" and syncing it to the same Audio Multipad, but now I am taking an Audio Style (TapDanceSwing-125 bpm) and slaving it to the synced MIDI Song file set at 69 bpm. Instead of playing organ parts from my customized OTS, I will just use the default OTS from the TapDanceSwing style. This is just a demonstration to show that an Audio Style can be synced as well. I had to use the unusual pairing of TapDanceSwing to HowCanYouMendABrokenHeart because of the swing beat match up, however slowing this particular audio style from a normal 125 bpm to 69 bpm, perhaps is slowing the audio drum section down to a point where you can hear the audio slices, but still within the range Yamaha allows their audio styles to be time stretched.

The last point here is, this really demonstrates the power of the Tyros 5 in this regards, I'm using 8 tracks of Midi, plus all the style tracks, Audio Style Parts, an Audio Multipad in perfect synchronization, singing a vocal, and recording everything to the Tyros 5 Audio/Recorder Player while performing live. My guess is, Yamaha will further develop the synced Audio Multipad technology or the ability of the Audio Link to use pitch and time stretch technology, repeat/loop, and layering in the next Tyros/Genos model. I can then take all my saved work from my Tyros 5 and be totally compatible to the next model and up-gradable to the newer sounds, voices, drum kits, additional styles, DSPs, and hopefully take my Audio Multipads to the next level with minimal or no extra work.

HowCanYouMendABrokenHeart_AudioStyle.mp3
https://app.box.com/s/s1znqfzezzhs9zykccv7fuqf6seomw5v

Regards, Marcus