Hi,
me again.
The reason I brought the subject up, is the fact that I'm an avid style collector. One of the main reasons that helped me to decide on the kn7 instead of other competion, is the fact that Tecnnics had made their earlier styles available to KN7 owners.

I've had kn's from the early kn800 all the way thru to the kn5000. I'd always saved the internal styles before replacing for the newer model. Back in 1998 I sold my kn5 and all my other gear, as I'd decided I'd give up my music hobby. ( I took up making teddy bears, much to my husbands delight, less strain on the bank book hee hee)
I stored all my style disks safely, just in case I decided to take music up again.
Well a couple of years ago, I decided to get another keyboard. To my horror, I discovered that most of my beloved style disks, had been corrupted during storage.

Well, I ended up getting a Yamaha instead of a KN6500 . I decided on the psr mainly because of the free style availability on an internet group

Last year new keyboards were due out again. I was either going to replace my psr or MAYBE check out the new kn. The desicion was made for me when I discovered I could get all my wonderful old styles back via the kn7 website.

Even though my technic/yamaha dealer, is an avid technics fan, he wasn't even aware or understood of all the kn7's wonderful features ie sd card functions, sd audio functions.
I didn't realize how great these features were till after I bought the kn7.
It was actually the sweetener of all the free styles that made me go for the kn again.

As for the KN styles from the kn7 website. Is it actually okay to share them??? I'm currently in the process of converting the .cst's into composer styles for my own purposes, but, I wasn't sure if we were allowed to share, and how to acually go about it. I didn't want to get myself into trouble.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022