Originally Posted By: abacus
Arrangers are designed (And always have been) for the home hobby player (Most were previously Home Hobby Organists who wanted a more compact and easier instrument to play at a favourable price) and so modules are a very niche (And probably non profitable) market. (Sound modules on the other hand are more popular)

Bill

Hi Donny

You are playing a software arranger, it’s just a bespoke system to Yamaha that you cannot add anything to, or upgrade without buying a new instrument. (The same as most other arrangers on the market)

Bill

Its all software Bill... Except for the D/A conversion....

But there is a difference between an open and a close system... yamaha and Korg obviously choose for closed systems, Varranger choose for open systems

And then there is Wersi, they have a partly closed base system... With a much more open expandable VST part... If you ask me, Wersi has still the best of both worlds, espescially the upcomming Sonic with OaX system....

Tough i would love to see a much more open system from Wersi, where you could add your favourite DAW as the sequencer part, and where you could reprogram some of the buttons or drawbars, and add some limitless knobs or even the motion leap that allows you to controll several CCs in real time with a single hand... No, Wersi also is to closed.. Even the new Sonic,......

Currently, i have more then Wersi can offer me in my setup.... T5, V-synth, integra 7, ableton, push, 27" touchscreen, Komplete, omnisphere, alchemy, pianoteq, blue2, etc, etc, etc... Just recently got me some lass, which again made me realise that everything we see in hardware arrangers/synths/pianos and workstations is allready beatin in software... Tough keep in mind that a good collection of software instruments are way more expensive then any hardware arranger out there.

Yet, i still doubt if software is ready for me... having everything in hardware and working out of the box is certainly very usefull...

http://keyszone.boards.net