Originally Posted By: spalding1968
It won't affect any of us if we buy an instrument at the price we are happy with because we want to keep that instrument as an instrument and not as an investment . It's the continual buying stuff because it's new that is the issue . I have had my PA1X for coming up to ten years now and have not mastered it yet . As I get better at playing and arranging and understanding it's features ( not in a geeky way ) but as a musician ,it simply becomes the most logical first choice to me . And in a couple years I might pick up a T4 for under a grand because it would be a steal!

There is no problem that I can see .

I can't see any problems either, but, anything's possible.

I'll probably keep my Tyros4 for at least another 5 years, maybe more, as no matter what features get added to the new models, they certainly won't be anything I just have to have.

I have friends still happily using PSR-9000 and PSR-3K's as there is software available that can convert newer styles to work very well in older instruments.

The main problem would be hardware wearing out and the eventual unavailability of NOS (new old stock) replacement parts, otherwise, like you and others have discovered, you don't need to buy every new model that comes out to be a happy arranger player.

Plus, I stopped looking into the murky distant future a long time ago, and just deal with life and its fluctuations on a much more manageable scale, and, I make it a point not to pay any attention to the arm-chair marketing "experts" and their lame predictions.

Full day ahead today, Worth...getting music material together (including tweaking some styles) for some recording which will start as soon as my new volume pedal arrives...I'll send you some tunes.

Ian