Originally Posted By: Mark79100
And then, I've been going to a lot of Festivals lately to observe the bands and not one of them had an exceptional speaker system. Yet......the usual......no one in the audience noticed or even cared about the sound system. It was all about the visual.

Mark, I think this is the same experience many of us encounter over the years. I've seen about a dozen bands during the past month, mostly outdoor performances at various marinas and spoils islands parties. The sound systems were ALL pretty much antiquated, distorted sounding junk, but the audiences, pretty much could care less. Interestingly, most of the comments I've had about my sound system has come from other musicians/entertainers, not audiences in general.

During the past decade, though, the vast majority of the DJs and KJs in my neighborhood, Baltimore metropolitan area, have pretty much switched to the Bose L1 and Compact systems. The folks I know did this for two primary reasons - light-weight and overall sound dispersion throughout the venues.

A few OMB guys south of me have switched to the Lucas Nano 300. They say it sounds pretty darned good, but it definitely has greater falloff than the Bose systems. They're all pretty happy about the overall sound quality, though.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)