Well now if this ain’t sumthin! I know, I know, I screwed up the spelling in the last word of the last sentence. I feel so good I hada do something. Just called Adam and guess what? We only live a few miles apart. In fact our telephone area code is even the same. Small small world.

I don’t know if you guys realize it but there are a lot of KN players out there. I know of over thirty five players just in about a twenty mile radius of where I live. Some of them I get together with on occasion, jam and share ideas. What amazes me is I thought I was the only one around here on this forum. Come to find out Adam has been with us for the last three years and only posted less than a dozen times. Wonder of wonders.

The point I would like to lay out on this table of electronics floating on the airways of the zone is there is one heck of a lot of KN’s out there with thousands and thousands of fingers plunking away at the black and whites.

Another thing I marvel at is how they came to own a KN. Most everyone I know has somewhat of the same story. They bought a cheapie like a Casio or a Yamaha in the beginning. The keys started to flop around, a speaker quit, the case cracked, or some such thing. Instead of going back to their local discount music and electronic store they wondered into their piano and organ establishment. In the process of looking for something a little more substantial than they had and something more like real piano keys made for an adult hand, they were amazed to see a real man-sized keyboard.

Just had to hear what it sounded like they told me. Real sounds! Real horns! Real reeds! Real strings! And wow, a real sounding band to back me up. Stumbling back a few steps after their eyeballs hit head on with the price tag they mumbled, and real green. The rest of the story we all know.

Quality, the test of time and the proof of great sound again struck me as I talked with Adam on the phone. Still got my KN1000 he said. I keep my 7000 at home so I won’t get it scratched on the job. I gig with my KN1000. It never let me down and still sounds great.

After talking about getting together, hanging up the phone and mulling over our conversation I just had to let you guys know. I got my KN1000 in my music room upstairs. After wiping and getting off the pot in the morning while waiting for Ruthie to call up the stairway, ‘breakfast is ready’, I hang the cover on the doorknob and play that old KN for the many thousands of times. Come evening old Ruthie says lets go to bed, I’ve had it. We thump upstairs. Ruthie does her evening ritual with the teeth, the hair, the soap and water, the scale, the nighty, the straightening of the towels and trinkets finishing with the pot and final paper wipe then announces - Your On!

Well old Grandpa shuts her down, slides the cover off the doorknob and puts the old KN to bed after about 45 minutes of fun on the keys waiting out Ruthie’s bedtime prep. Old Gramps takes his turn, wipes, washes up his hands and fingers from the rupture of the cheap rolls of paper Ruthie buys and that’s the end of the day.

And that folks is how the rest of the day went after talking with Adam.

Grandpa Doug