Boo, I certainly understand. At best, my rendition would be different. Chas is "my man" when it comes to extremely sensitive, "feeling dripping" interpretations of world class compositions.

And Donny, I posted 10 minutes of guitar only, and 9 minutes of a film score rough. I thought it was AWFUL!

I start a 26 hour session for a national manufacturer in Louisville at 3:00 AM in the morning. Final production is 14 minutes and change.

In the last 20 years, the only thing I ever recorded of myself other than long, boring national projects was the 10 minute guitar piece I did to see how much damage to my arm was evident. Man, were there some clinkers in that one. It was one take, straight into a Zoom. I record our family trio and HATED to listen to the playback. It 's hard to realize I'm not in the studio working on a national project.

I'm too much of a perfectionist to record ANYTHING just for myself. I don't enjoy it. My pleasure is in taking the final step and recording a track to complement a film which I have shot, scripted AND scored.

Frankly, because of the nature of the recordings I do, I can't think anyone would be interested. Most are proprietary; I can't share final production anyway.

Remember, I don't particularly enjoy playing live at all.
And the projects are so specialized that they rarely stand alone as outstanding music (lots of sound effects, "heads and tails" and such).

I don't need to prove anything to anyone but myself and the companies who pay the bills.

I work 110 hours a week and wish I could do music for pure enjoyment. But, this is what I do.

I'd take "Round Midnight" and hire 5 players from out of town. then, I'd want to mix it elsewhere.

Just go back and review what I posted in the past to get an idea about what I do and the level of ability. Even then, it was not done for fun. The deadlines too tight, the stakes to big. I LIKE THAT!

Gotta run for the gig.

Be well, all,

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (04/02/14 04:01 PM)