Dear Roger, Bill, Alec, John

You must think me awfully rude for not having responded to all your helpfulness.

EXPLANATION & APOLOGY FOLLOWS - but you may wish to skip over this paragraph as it's quite boring !
I had to teach this afternoon/evening (also have 4 hours non-stop tomorrow, Sat) and have been sitting up to 1.30am trying to figure out what my daughter has done to our old XP laptop when she had it at university. Seems to have disabled the onboard sound card to make room perhaps for all her graphics programmes until she got her own laptop. Have spent hours downloading drivers/restarting etc and have been all through My Computer, with a tooth comb (though not literally, you may be pleased to hear!). Will see what happens if I plug in some cheap USB speakers as I can't find the sound card !!!! " NO AUDIO DEVICE" It never was my own personal laptop (hubbies). I used to have a desktop with a Soundblaster Audigy - but the wretched thing blew - it was 11 years old, but I kept upgrading it (obviously a bit too long!!!)

I AM SO APPRECIATIVE OF ALL YOUR HELP & CONCERN and can't believe, John, that you have gone to so much trouble considering your present circumstances.

That really is Marvellous news about the Jukebox v5. (I have sent PMs to John & Roger). Have you tried it on the KN7 yet, Roger?

Very interesting about the Toshiba laptop SD, Alec. (So happy you still take an interest in the Technics forum). (Unfortunately, my old laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens). Can't wait to have another go with the old thing at lunch time - after the required cup of tea etc.

Sorry to be so brief (?????) but sleep calls…..