Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Diki

But we'd be fascinated to hear your made from scratch styles, Donny...

when I get time I'll take a shot at it on the S-950....
not cause YOU asked ...but I have a few songs I'd like to arrange differently. Styles on a whole become too boring vs a SMF custom arrangement with a killer bassline, drums etc...

I'd like to hear them too Donny, and if possible send me a few to try on my Tyros4.

I spend a lot of time editing styles, and more than a few of them seem to work very well for others, as well as for me.

I have my own section/page on PSR Tutorial with about 80 or so styles that Joe Waters asked me to share with others in the group.

I've received very good feedback on them, for which I am grateful, and have had well over 3000 downloads since they were put up back around the end of November last year.

They aren't anything fancy, but I'm told they are very well balanced and voiced, to the point where they can be used for many songs, not just song specific, and they lend themselves very well to stripping down for less busyness. I also work hard at making the OTS suitable for that particular genre of style.

I have quite a few more, and will do up another batch in the near future.

There are lots of song specific styles available on the net and through Yamaha, but I like putting my own stamp on a tune, so, pretty much every style I get falls victim to my editing.

I can make them fairly good from scratch, as that was once the only way of making them, but editing via Style Assembly is quite effective and flexible, as well as being far easier, and much faster, so it gets the nod from me.

Most styles that I've tried that users made from SMF weren't all that well done, and often were key specific and very limited to certain chords.

Looking forward to trying some of your work.

Ian